A beautiful day calls for a beautiful breakfast. Serve these scones for breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice or for tea with some earl grey tea.
2 and a 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
3/4 tsp coarse salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg yolk
1 and a 1/2 cup fresh raspberry(you can also use strawberries, blueberries or apricots)
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
2. In a food processor pulse together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add butter and pulse until pea size pieces form.
4. In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and egg yolk.
5. slowly pour mixture into processor and pulse until the dough comes together.
6. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle raspberries on top.
7. Knead three times to fold in raspberries.
8. Gather and pat dough until a 2cm thick square forms and pull apart into 4cm pieces.
9. Place pieces on two lined baking sheets, about 4cm apart and sprinkle with 1 tbs sugar.
10. Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 min, rotating sheets halfway through.
11. Serve warm or a room temp.
This recipe is from the Martha Stewart website and has been altered slightly.
Hope you have a lovely day.