A good source of dietary fiber, protein, copper, folate and manganese. Chickpeas are low in saturated fats, cholesterol and sodium. It is the perfect low fat, high protein snack, packed with nutrients - what can't chickpeas do, except your taxes, off course?
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1/2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line a wide, flat baking sheet.
2. Rinse chickpeas in a colander and leave on a paper towel to dry.
3. Spread chickpeas on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 45 min or until crispy.
4. While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
5. Place them back into the oven for another 10 min.
6. Let it cool slightly, before digging in.
This recipe was adapted from POPSUGAR fitness