Sunday 24 November 2013

Travel Update: Tulbagh

I didn't go far this weekend, but even an hour's drive from Cape Town was enough to help me relax, free me of stress and help me to regain my sense of humour.

Tulbagh is a beautiful town, situated in the Western Cape. Framed on three sides by mountains and the Klein Berg river. Untarnished by skyscrapers,traffic lights and smog, I was finally able to see stars, hear crickets and appreciate nature again.







Nothing beats a weekend long camp and that, is just what happened. Early morning coffee as the sun rises, midday walks and late night fires.





Off course their was fun to be had at near by wine farm Saronsberg. A gorgeous view, good wine and breathtakingly beautiful art. Most of Saturday was spent under the trees, sipping wine, talking nonsense and enjoying the view.  




Post wine farm, we stopped in the dorpie, to have a stroll through Kerk Straat, where there were numerous shops and quaint cottages. We ended our day at a place called Things I Love, a coffee shop and delicatessen that served everything from Mojitos to raw chocolate milkshakes.


'I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery-air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy".' - Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar






No comments:

Post a Comment