I bet you've never looked at a bowl of spinach or cauliflower and thought, 'wow, this comforting food is going to fill me up and curb all of my cravings. I think I will have the whole bowl, please'.
So I thought I would change your mind.
Two recipes, 40 minutes, 10 ingredients - try it and see your life change, no more chips and burger cravings, instead ingredients that contain essential fatty acids, iron, fiber, vitamin C and many more essential nutrients for your body.
This ain't the Sunday veggies your momma gave you.
Buffalo 'chicken' cauliflower
1 head callower, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 cup buffalo(BBQ) sauce
1 Tbs butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl whisk together, buttermilk, flour and garlic.
3. Gently place the cauliflower in the buttermilk mixture and toss to coat evenly.
4. Place the covered cauliflower in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15-18 min.
5. Meanwhile combine the buffalo(BBQ) sauce and melted butter in a small bowl.
6. After the cauliflower has baked, coat evenly with buffalo sauce.
7. Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for another 5-8 min.
8. Let it cool slightly and serve immediately.
Sauteed Spinach with dried cranberries and feta
1.5 kg of baby spinach
1 cup dried cranberries
1 small onion, chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
3 wheels of feta, crumbled
1 tsp crushed garlic
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a large pan brown the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 6 min.
2. Add the cranberries and cook for another 4 min.
3. Stir in the spinach in large handfuls and lei it wilt slightly before adding more. Add the feta.
4. Cook, tossing until all the spinach is wilted. About 5 min.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.