2 1/2 C cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 C butter
1 1/2 C white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
2. Mix flour and baking powder, set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, add the egg and vanilla.
4. Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture. The dough should be quite dry and firm, if it is not, add more flour.
5. Roll the dough out on a floured surface, until it is 4 mm thick.Use cookie cutters to cut out biscuits.
6. Line a baking tray and bake the cookies for 8-10 min or until they are golden brown.
7. Let it cool and cover with sifted icing sugar.