It will take less than an hour to make these cookies and depending on your choice of topping, it is a healthy treat option, compared to store bought cookies. The yogurt helps to keep the cookie moist and cuts the need for a large amount of butter. The cookies have a brownie-like texture to them and the brown sugars lends a caramel taste to the cookies. You can customize these cookies anyway you choose, so raid the food cupboard and lets get dunkin.
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
60 ml butter
70 ml cocoa
60 ml white sugar
60 ml brown sugar
60 ml plain yogurt
5 ml vanilla extract
Oven at 180 Degrees Celsius
1. Melt butter, add cocoa and sugars, mix well.
2. Fold in the yogurt and vanilla extract.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into the mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Choose you ammo and add to the dough -
I chose dark chocolate pieces, roughly chopped, but you can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, white chocolate, cranberries, smarties or what ever does it for your taste buds.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet about 2 cm apart.
6. Bake for 10-13 min.
7. Let them cool for 15 min.
8. Time for dunkin, again it's your choice. I chose to dunk the cookies in a glaze of cooled coffee and condense milk, other options are peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles, melted chocolate and chopped nuts or strawberry syrup.
9. Place the cookies back on the baking sheet to let the topping set.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to a week - if it will last that long.