My fry ups are more nutritious than your regular old eggs and bacon, but that doesn't mean they are any less delicious. As you may have noticed, I love breakfast foods, especially ones that contain oats, eggs, granola, bran or a combination, thus the humble pancake/flapjack gets a frequent make-over on Fashionsandwich.
So for a fluffy pancake, dressed in what ever excites your taste buds most, follow the these simple instructions.
150 g plain flour
50 g raw oats
25 g digestive bran
1 Tbs baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
300 ml milk
30 g butter, melted and cooled
1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix.
2. Spray a pancake pan with spray and cook and place spoonfuls of the batter into the heated pan.
3. Fry on one side until bubbles start to form, flip and brown on the other side.
4. Serve warm.
1. Serve with bacon, golden syrup and mature cheddar.
2. Serve with plain greek yogurt, berries and honey .
3. Serve with plain cream cheese, cherry tomatoes, golden syrup and Edam cheese.
4. Serve with heated canned apples, cinnamon and honey.
5. Serve with egg, spinach, tomato and mince.
6. Serve with butter and golden syrup.
7. Serve with melted chocolate, marshmallow, nuts, banana, berries and perhaps your cardiologists number.
And these were just a few options for transforming the humble flapjack, let your imagination and fridge contents run wild kids.