I slaved in the kitchen all day(barely a hour) to bake my easy chocolate cake for some birthday celebrations this weekend. What's so special about this specific cake recipe? Oh nothing really, it's just very moist, not to sweet and super easy to make.
500 ml boiling water
1 Tb instant coffee powder
500 ml oil
250 ml cocoa
630 ml castor sugar
450 ml cake flour
30 ml baking powder
2 ml salt
10 ml vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Combine water, coffee, cocoa and oil. Let it stand to cool.
3. Mix sugar and eggs until the mixture is light in colour and thick.
4. Add your dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Add the vanilla essence to the cocoa mixture and gently fold cocoa mixture in to the egg mixture.
6. Pour batter into 2 lined cake tins and bake for 40 mins.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool before icing it.
1 tin caramel
100 g 70% dark chocolate melted
2 Tb strawberry jam
Combine all the ingredients, spread 1/3 of the icing on the middle part of the cake and the rest on the top and the sides of the cake. Decorate with shards of chocolate, berries or whatever tickles your fancy.
If you followed all the steps correctly, the end product should look something like this.
Get outta here! Just kidding, We're not Nigella Lawson here, we have lives to run. This is my real baby, decorated with chocolate shards.
Feel free to lick the bowl . . .