Please do try this earthy superfood salad, with wild rice, butternut, sweet potato, cranberries, goji berries, sunflower- and pumpkin seeds, promise you won't even miss your chips, burger or whatever other future heart attack you tried to inflict on yourself.
1 Large butternut, cored and chopped into chunks
1 Large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
150 g wild rice
100 g mix of sunflower- and pumpkin seeds
Small bunch of basil leaves
50 ml Honey
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
50 g dried cranberries
50 g goji berries
1 cup hot water
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Follow packet instructions and cook the wild rice in salty water.
3. Drain rice and mix with 25 ml olive, set aside and keep warm.
4. Mix the butternut with 25 ml olive oil, add salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
5. Pour butternut mix into an oven dish and roast for 25 min.
6. Combine 50 ml olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Mix with the sweet potato, pour into an oven dish and roast for 20 min.
7. Soak goji berries in a cup of hot water for 5 min and drain.
8. Mix the rice, mixed seeds, berries, butternut and sweet potato, remember to include the juices of the butternut and sweet potato to enhance the overall flavour of the dish.
9. Serve with the basil leaves scattered on top and a pinch of nutmeg.
Enjoy it hot or cold as a gluten free, vegan(just omit the honey with maple syrup) main or serve as a side dish with fish or chicken.
Follow Fashionsandwich on Instagram at fashionsandwich47 or like the Fashionsandwich Facebook page for instant blog updates.