Friday 15 August 2014

Cheers: Greentea Apple Mint Martini

Or as I like to call it GAMM, for no reason whatsoever.


I am hosting my first pot-luck evening tonight and to get things started, I thought I would invent a cocktail to welcome my guests.

I played around with my favourite beverage, the herb that looked the best in the garden and the juice that we had the most of in the fridge and came up with my GAMM.

Ingredients: Serves 6

-1 L of boiling water
-6 greentea bags
-1 L of applejuice, cooled in the fridge
-100 ml vodka
-6 sprigs of fresh mint

1. Wash and dry the mint.
2. Place the teabags in a jug and pour the boiling water into the jug( make sure the jug is made from a material that can hold boiling water). Let it steep and cool for 3 hours.
3. Remove the teabags.
4.Pour the apple juice and vodka over the tea, add the mint and stir.
5. Place the jug in the fridge, until just before serving.
6. Serve in Martini glasses and garnish with more mint.

Get ready to not be able to drive home - don't worry my guests shall be staying over for the night.

Follow Fashionsandwich:
Facebook: Fashionsandwich
Instagram: Fashionsandwich47
Twitter: LanaFrancis47

No comments:

Post a Comment