This tomato and white bean soup, ticks all the good-for-you, fill-you-up boxes and it is delicious to boot- Bonus.
1 Cup dry beans, soaked for at least 2 hours and drained
2 Tbs grape seed oil
1 Med onion diced
1 Celery rib, diced
1 Bay leaf
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
3 sprigs thyme, chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 Cups halved tomatoes
2 quarts vegetable stock
2 Cups diced zucchini and green beans
1/2 Cup soaked quinoa
1/2 bunch kale, chopped
5 Sprigs of parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a big pot, over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and cook for 5 min.
3. Add the celery and bay leaf and cook for another 5 min.
4. Add the garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook for 2 min.
5. Add the tomato paste and stir for 7 min.
6. Add the beans and the tomatoes, with the stock, stir well, bring to the boil and let it simmer for 35 min.
7. Add the quinoa, vegetables and cook for 10 min.
8. Lastly add the kale, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with a nutty, whole wheat bread.
Follow Fashionsandwich on Instagram at fashionsandwich47 or like the Fashionsandwich Facebook page for instant blog updates.