Not only do these look adorable, there is perfectly hard and crunchy streusel on the outside with a delicious moist inside. I know the photo above features a fork, but they are best eaten with your hands, tearing apart the French Toast Muffin and enjoying it chunk by chunk, I just didn't want people to think that I'm a raging maniac that doesn't know how to use my utensils.
Ingredients: For the french toast muffins (12)
1 loaf french bread cut into cubes
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon.
For the streusel:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 butter cut into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and spray a 12 tin muffin tray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Fill each muffin hole with a handful of bread cubes and pour egg mixture over the bread cubes, pressing down the bread cubes to allow more liquid to be absorbed.
4. Cover the muffins with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
5. For the streusel, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and butter.
6. Mix through with your finger until coarse crumbs form.
7. Sprinkle streusel evenly over the muffins.
8. Bake the muffins for 25 min or until golden.
Serve warm with syrup and a strong cup of coffee.
Follow Fashionsandwich on Instagram at fashionsandwich47 or like the Fashionsandwich Facebook page for instant blog updates.