Wednesday 30 July 2014

Eat Up: Spinach Power Salad

Bikini bodies are made in Winter, as the saying goes, but I'd like to state that healthy bodies are not made but kept well throughout the year. A healthy lifestyle is key including a good nutritious diet and cardiovascular exercise, no juice cleanses or colonics.

On days when I have long class hours and no time for a meal after class and before a run, I pack a salad. Not a lettuce and tomato salad, but something that I know will keep me going for the day, without causing a sugar spike.

The spinach power salad was a mix of a few recipes that I tried and tested until I found what worked for my tastebuds as well as my body.


Spinach Power Salad - 2 Servings



Ingredients:

-3 cups spinach, rinsed and shredded
-1/2 cup chickpeas
-100 ml feta, crumbled
-1 avo, cubed
-smoked chicken, size of your palm, cut into cubes(omit for a vegetarian option)
-handful of pomegranate seeds(replace with green apples, if not in season)
-chilli flakes
-balsamic vinegar

1. In a bowl with a lid, place spinach, chickpeas, feta, avo and chicken.
2. Close the bowl and give it a shake, tossing the salad well.
3. Open and scatter with pomegranate seeds and chilli flakes.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, replace lid and shake again.

This salad will keep well for up to three days, if stored in a airtight container in the fridge.

Follow Fashionsandwich:
Facebook: Fashionsandwich
Instagram: fashionsandwich47
Twitter: LanaFrancis47



No comments:

Post a Comment